For TIME everything begin by the braiding of our fibers, selected one by one in order to obtain specific features. These characteristics impact the feeling that you can have on our bikes. For example, the Vectran fiber is characterised by a high absorption capacity, whereas Carbon fiber is known to be lighter and more rigid. Once selected, theses fibers are braided to obtain a “sock” of fibers.
The benefits of this technology, compared to other systems are: different frame’s characteristics (precision), fibers uniformity in the sock (fiability), quality ride and unparalleled handling (feeling).
TIME’s know-how is the only way to use this technology.
Resin Transfer Molding:
RTM technology enables precise and excellent reproducibility of the desired ride characteristics. The injection of the resin under pressure ensurres consistent impregnation of the fiber weave layers and eliminates the risk of delamination and structural weakness. The industrial reliability of RTM allows TIME to offer a lifetime warranty on all of our frames.
Carbon Matrix Technology:
Used in the aerospace industry, CMT allows the manufacturing of complex shapes with incredible strength while reducing weight. This process creates very high quality carbon fiber parts for exceptional performance.
- Materials - Carbon fibers braided, HM Fibers (high modulus), vectran fiber
- Frame - Full Carbon RTM Scylon frame, CMT inserts (Carbon Matrix Technology)
- Fork Aktiv - Classic
- Headset - TIME Quickset, adjustment system with independant mounting of the stem and adjustment of the headset
- Stem - Carbon RTM Scylon seatpost, L = 270mm
- Hanger - Time RTM flat bar
- Selle - Brooks cambium
- Wheels - Shimano Metrea
- Tires - Hutchinson Speed and Stop