Fast Suspension (France) - Press Release: The Fenix was released in January 2019 and has immediately proven its worth and performance by reaching the Enduro World Series podiums. We have kept all the strengths of the Fenix with the VDP piston which gives incomparable comfort and track feedback.
The adjustable low speed, medium speed compression and the dedicated high speed piston. The bladder is also always in the game! We have focused our attention on the design of the EVO head for greater compatibility with more frames. We've also thought about making your life easier if you want to change your shock stroke without needing to open the shock, say thank you to the new spring retainer.
Already up in the EWS top ten!
How was the Fenix born?
The Fenix stemmed from the idea of having a shock as efficient as a downhill shock with an integrated climb mode that stays totally independent from the other adjustments.
Why go for a coil spring and not an air spring?
When aiming at efficiency, we automatically go for a coil spring, due to its great sensitivity and its perfect linearity, it provides great sensitivity, improves the grip of the rear wheel and gives more support in the mid-stroke.
The key elements:
- 100% CNC
- Alloy 7075 T6 made and anodized with a PTFE impregnation to reduce friction.
- Monobloc Shaft + eyelet = stiffer and stronger.
- A membrane is used to reduce friction and heat.viton Shaft seals for better heat resistance.
- VDP piston = better traction control.
- 3 independent compression circuits LS – MS – HS = perfect ground flattening.
- Redesigned head for more compatibility for more frames
- New spring retainer >> it's now easy to change the shock strange without opening the shock
- New preload ring design
In short, the Fenix delivers:
- + grip
- + control
- + safety
- + performance
- + speed
Shock weigt without spring :
- In 230 x 65 mm, 500 gr
- In 210 x 55mm, 490 gr
- The shock, the spring and bushings
- The first service after 12 months or 100 hours