“We compensated the natural dynamic slowness of the big wheels by acting on two sides: first we made an extremely vertical (76.2 °) seat angle. This pushes to load even more the weight on the front wheel; this allows for maximum steering precision to reach precisions levels very high for a 29-wheeled bike with a so closed angle (65.5 °). This also fits perfectly with the height of the handlebars from the ground, so also if the position of the centre of gravity being very advanced, it does not feel like being too much out on the front wheel and uphill results in a very precise bike that hardly lightens the front wheel on the steep situation”, explained the company.
“On the other hand, we have optimized the behavior of the rear suspension to make it even more responsive and sustained in the center of the compression curve. This makes the ride even more active and allows to balance the back reactions to the granitic behavior of the front wheel”, they added.
“The result of all this is a surface-to-air missile with such high usage limits that it is very difficult to reach. A ball buster on the fast paths but at the same time easy to handle in the narrow curves. It is an absolute weapon for experienced racers but at the same time a high performance machine that will allow you to make a further step to improving your riding level”, concluded MDE Bikes about their new enduro Damper 29er.
What is new:
- New geometry with shorter rear chainstay lenght, longer reach, the seat angle is now 76,2° while head tube angle is 65,5 °
- New fornt triangle wiht Hydroforming tubeset
- New hydro-formed down tube with larger sections: we worked a lot on the BB area to stiffen the frame and make the bike even more reactive
- New BB box , made by cnc, more compact and strong
- Redesigned the bottom bracket with a new quick ISCG removable brackets system. Available in both ISCG05 and ISCG03. These brackets can be replaced with a specific spacer, provided with the frame, in case of mounting 1x11 or 1x12 transmission
- Straight vertical tube for Stealth s dropper seatposts with fully internal cable route
- New 148mm + 14mm Boost dropouts designed to set 29 or 650b + wheels
- Compatibility with single crowns (1x11 or 1x12) or even with double crowns with Shimano top swing , side pull front derailleur
- Compatible with standard 216x63mm or metric 230x65mm shocks
- New Crystal security control external graphics designed in collaboration with ForkOver Bike Protections to protect the frame where it need