Xtracycle (United States) - You’ll drive Xtracycle’s innovative approach to bicycle fulfillment, by assembling Xtracycles and personalizing them to surprise and delight our dealer and direct clients while hitting targets for quality and speed of assembly. This pivotal role will help Xtracycle achieve its mission: By the end of 2020, Xtracycle will have 202+ partner dealers that place pre-season orders, 2020+ new riders annually, and 202+ people who choose to be brand ambassadors and actively promote the lifestyle and product to friends, family, and perfect strangers.
- Assemble dealer ebikes
- Install all bosch ebike parts and repackage bikes for independent bike shops.
- Fully-assemble bikes and ebikes
- Build fully-assembled bikes personalized for the rider’s needs.
- Communicate with Client Happiness team
- Use existing systems to ensure that they have the most up-to-date information.
- Answer technical questions as needed.
- Other fulfillment activities (as needed)
- Print and attach labels for shipments
- Ship bikes or accessories
- Receive inventory/unload trucks
- Lift boxes onto trucks
- Keep basement clean and organized
- Systems Documentation
- Thoroughly document the systems you use so that others can plug-in as needed.
- Communication with internal and external audiences:
- Google drive for internal documentation.
- Gmail for external communication.
- Slack for quick internal communication.
- Google Calendar for coordinating schedules with staff/contractors.
- Zoom for meetings with staff/contractors.
- Dropbox for document storage.
- Basecamp 3 for project-based communication
- Bosch e-bike software (OE and IBD)
- Shipping software
Your qualities & attributes:
- Entrepreneurial attitude: you work hard and do whatever it takes to help xtracycle succeed.
- Attentive to details: You pay attention to the little stuff, while keeping your sights on the big picture.
- Goal-Oriented: You have strong follow-through and consistently achieve your goals.
- Ready for anything: You stay hyper-vigilant and attuned to the good and bad. You are prepared for the unexpected.
- Problem-Solver: You notice when something isn’t working and work with your team to make it better.
- Clear communicator: You are friendly, concise and open. You communicate simply and leave nothing open for interpretation in person, on calls, and in writing.
- Xtracycle-specific Knowledge: You should have a solid understanding of Xtracycle products, and continuously strive to improve that knowledge and keep up-to-date.
- Positive: You are positive and upbeat in communications.
- Systems Builder: You’re constantly on the lookout for improving how we do things and build and document effective systems.
- Independent: You work well independently and don’t need a lot of direction from others.
- Experienced and talented bicycle and/or ebike mechanic.
- Capable of lifting bikes weighing up to 80 pounds without assistance
- You have formal training as a bicycle or ebike assembler, likely for a bicycle shop or manufacturer.
- This is a part-time or full-time position. Compensation depends on experience and is very competitive for bicycle assemblers/mechanics in Oakland.
- Work at our oakland-based office walking distance from macarthur bart.