Aluminum When It Matters:
"When it comes to fitness training and peak performance, nothing is more detrimental to flying fast than carrying more weight than you need to. Which is why every Allegro is built with lightweight triple butted 6061 aluminum tubing. In fact, our aluminum Allegro frames shed 14 ounces over their steel Coda counterparts. We design comfort into the naturally stiffer ride by specifying large volume 32c tires, using similar geometry as our Codas and then adding a few millimeters to the wheelbase length for just a tad more compliance", explained Jamis Bikes.
Adjustable Cockpit Height:
"Proper fit on your bike is critical for maximum performance and comfort. That’s why we offer the patented ATS adjustable threadless steering system on the Allegro Elite and Comp models. Whether you want to fine tune your ride and establish the perfect fit, or change it regularly to suit different terrain, with this stem, adjusting your handlebar height is as easy as adjusting your seat post height. You can even adjust it quickly while out on a ride", added the company.
Every Allegro offers a full complement of eyelets and rack mounts to simplify installation of carriers and fenders. Jamis even include bosses on the underside of the seatstays for installation of a ring lock. Accoding to Jamis, "ring locks are tremendously popular in Europe and will soon most assuredly be popular in the USA. A simple turn of the key immobilizes the rear wheel and prevents someone from riding off with your bike".
The Allegro Elite delivers with Tektro’s HD-M285 hydraulic disc brakes and the Comp with cable actuated Novela, which offer more power, better modulation & feel in rain or shine. Allegro Sport and Allegro offer linear pull brakes, which are plenty powerful rain or shine. To make sure the rider is in complete control even when grabbing a lot of lever for a surprise stop, Jamis include power modulators on the front brake. This modulator absorbs excess lever pressure, assuring controlled braking performance.
"FSA’s compact crankset concept is revolutionary: a 34T inner chainring offers a 15% lower gear ratio than traditional 39T double ring’ed road cranks, but the 50T outer loses only 6% off the top end compared to a 53T traditional outer. You get the hill climbing capability of a triple, yet less weight than a standard double", concluded Jamis Bikes about the new Allegro Comp bike.
- Frame - Triple-butted 6061 aluminum with hydro-formed top and down tube, taper gauge “S” bend stays with disc brake post mounts, replaceable derailleur hanger and fender/rack eyelets
- Fork - Aluminum fork with disc brake mounts, aluminum steerer, low-rider carrier mounts, forged dropouts and fender eyelets
- Headset - FSA Integrated IS threadless with nylon upper compression ring, 1 1/8”
- Wheels - Alex TD26 double wall disc specific alloy rims, 32H, Formula 6-bolt alloy hubs with QR and 14g stainless steel spokes
- Tires - Vittoria Randonneur with Double Shield puncture protection and reflective sidewalls, 700 x 32c
- Derailleurs - Shimano Acera RD-M360 rear and Shimano FD-M310 front derailleur
- Shiftlevers - Shimano Rapidfire SL-M310, 24-speed
- Chain - KMC Z7
- Cassette - Shimano HG41 8-speed, 11-32T
- Crankset - Shimano FC-TY501, 48/38/28, 170mm (15-17”), 175mm (19-23”)
- BB Set - FSA sealed cartridge, 68 x 110.5mm
- Pedals - Comfort platform style with TPE non-slip insert
- Brakeset - Tektro Novela mechanical disc brakes with 160mm rotors and Tektro brake levers
- Handlebar - Jamis flat bar, 6061 T-6 aluminum, 31.8 x 10˚ sweep x 580mm
- Stem - Jamis adjustable threadless system (ATS), forged aluminum, 10˚ x 90mm (15/17”), 105mm (19/21"), 115mm (23”). ATS shim length 100mm
- Grips - Anatomic double density kraton
- Seat Post - Jamis alloy micro-adjust, 27.2 x 350mm alloy clamp with QR seatpin
- Saddle - Jamis Touring with SL cover
- Sizes - 15”, 17”, 19”, 21”, 23”
- Color - Ink
- Weight - 25.75 lbs