The Highball is our flagship carbon hardtail race thoroughbred, and a dark horse in XC versatility.
On paper it’s a whip-cracking alternative to the Blur; the racer’s hardtail for high intensity assaults. But settle down for a long haul and it’s immediately clear the Highball is at home in a range of cross country environments—from XC sprints to 24-hour sufferfests.
The low-angle seat stays join the seat tube below the top tube junction. This new placement works in tandem with a bridgeless seat stay design to curb trail chatter. Built around a 27.2mm-diameter seat post, the whole package combines to take the “hard” out of hardtail riding.
The composite development team behind our MacAskill-proof carbon Reserve wheels were the same folks responsible for the Highball’s superior ride feel. Meticulous application of carbon in only the most needed areas allows us to tune a really light frame that retains bags of torsional stiffness for the high-torque pedalers and strength for those braving the sketchy lines. This is what compliance without compromise looks like.
The all new Highball is a half-pound lighter than before, yet manages to maintain all the rider favorites of threaded BB reliability, internally routed cables, and 3 water bottle mounts. All backed up with a genuine lifetime frame and carbon wheel warranty. Complemented by a multitude of build options to suit your aspiration level, the Highball’s got everything you need to go forth and conquer.
- Available in: Carbon C & Carbon CC
- Wheel size: 29"
- Front travel: 100mm
- Rear travel: Hardtail
- Designed for: Endurance, XC & XC Race
XX1 Reserve Specifications:
- Kit: XX1 Reserve
- Price: $7999USD
- Weight: 8.99kg / 19.82lbs
- Material: Carbon CC
- Fork: Fox 32 Factory 100 Step-Cast w/ Remote
- Rear Derailleur: Sram XX1 Eagle
- Shifters: Sram XX1 Eagle
- Crankset: Sram XX1 Eagle DUB 34T (170mm S, 175mm M-XL)
- Cassette: Sram XG1295 Eagle 10-50T
- Chain: Sram X01 Eagle 12 SPD
- Brakes: Sram Level Ultimate
- Brake Rotors: Sram CLX Center Lock, 160mm
- Headset: Cane Creek AER IS Integrated Headset
- Bars: Santa Cruz Bicycles XC Flat Bar Carbon 31.8 x 750
- Stem: Syntace LiteForce
- Grips: ESI Chunky
- Front Hub: DT 240 15x110mm 28H
- Rear Hub: DT 240 12x148mm 28H
- Rims: Santa Cruz Reserve 25 Carbon Rim - 28h
- Front Tire: Maxxis Aspen 29x2.25 TR
- Rear Tire: Maxxis Aspen 29x2.25 TR
- Tubes: Stans Sealant 2oz
- Seat Post: Syntace P6 Carbon HiFlex 27.2
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Carbon