Updated Aluminium Frame:
The Vitus Escarpe is manufactured from hydroformed 6061-T6 aluminium to deliver a strong and lightweight alloy frame that can handle punishing trail rides without sacrificing comfort. The updated trail geometry means the bikes are now bang up to date with longer and lower main frames; with increased reach and better stand over clearance.
Smooth and Responsive Ride:
Small bump sensitivity has been increased thanks to the incorporation of a super low friction metric shock. This combined with an upper trunnion bearing shock mount improves suspension linkage durability and creates a super smooth, supple and responsive ride which offers incredible traction on the trail.
Keeping pace with the new market standard, the Vitus Escarpe comes with Boost hubs. Featuring wider front and rear axles for increased mud clearance, wheel stiffness, strength and durability, this can only boost your performance on the trails.
With a choice of 5 models and two wheel sizes; you can choose the manoeuvrability of 27.5” wheels or the charge-ability of 29” wheels meaning there’s an Escarpe for you and the way you ride.
- Intended use – Trail/All Mountian/Enduro
- Wheel size – 29”
- Travel – 140mm, Patented Four-bar V-Link Rear Suspension with horizontal floating shock mount
- Recommended fork travel – 140/150mm
- Construction – Hydroformed Triple Butted 6061-T6 Aluminium
- Boost 110x15mm Through front axle
- Boost 148x12mm Trough rear axle
- Aggressive Trail Geometry (low, Slack, Long with short stem)
- Clearance for up to 2.5” Tyres on i30 rims
- Removable High Direct FD mount
- ISCG 05-mounts for chainguide compatibility
- Bolt on down tube protector to protect the down tube and cables from rock strikes
- Internal cable routing for Stealth Reverb
- Sizes – S, M, L, XL
Main pivot location:
This is located in a fixed high and forward position in line with a 32T chain ring position, this gives natural anti squat/bob when pedalling in the most commonly used 1x 32T setup without relying on excessive chain tension and none of the related pedal feedback.
Chainstay pivot location:
This pivot is placed in line with the chainstay eliminating any force directed to the shock linkage causing the shock to compressing (pedal bob) due to chain tension. This pivot location also maximizes active suspension when using the rear brake; similar to a floating brake design, without the added weight.
Rearward Axle path:
Because of the main pivot location, the Escarpe has 55mm of travel with a reward axle path which all helps the rider to carry momentum over rough terrain and especially square edged hits.
Leverage rate design:
The leverage rate is designed to have a falling rate to sag point then go mildly progressive; this helps the bike sit comfortably in the sag position with a stable platform. The lower shock mount moves forward with the suspension; helping to keep a linier rate without falling off at full travel. This movement also reduces the shock angle change at full travel reducing side loads and improving the reliability of the shock.
- Frame - 6061-T6 Alloy, 140mm Suspension travel
- Forks - Rockshox Lyrik RT3
- Shock - Rockshox Deluxe RT3
- Chainset - Sram Descendant carbon
- Bottom Bracket - Sram GXP
- Shifters - Sram GX Eagle
- Rear Derailleur - Sram Eagle GX
- Cassette - Sram Eagle XG-1275
- Chain - Sram Eagle GX
- Rims - DT Swiss
- Front Hub - DT Swiss
- Rear Hub - DT Swiss
- Spokes - Double butted
- Tyres - Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5 3C/EXO/TR (FR) MINION DHR 2.3 3C/TR/DD (RR)
- Front Brake - Sram DB
- Rear Brake - Sram DB
- Handlebars - Nukeproof Horizon alloy
- Stem - Nukeproof Neutron
- Headset - FSA
- Saddle - Nukeproof Horizon SL
- Seatpost - Rockshox Reverb stealth
- Seatclamp - Alloy
- Weight - 14.6 Kgs / 32.2 Lbs
Other 2018 Escarpe versions:
- Escarpe VRX
- Escarpe VR
- Escarpe 29 VR