Velo Orange (United States) - Press Release: The Polyvalent is Velo Orange’s “do-it-all” frameset. It is the ideal platform to build a sturdy tourer, practical commuter, comfortable all-day randonneur, or a rugged gravel bike.
Tire clearance is generous. With fenders: 650b x 48 or 26 x 2.3” (smooth). Forgoing fenders, the Polyvalent can gobble up 650b x 2.1” or 26x2.3 (knobby).
The graceful, swoopy top tube is what we call a Low-Kicker. While especially useful for easily mounting and dismounting with a loaded bike, the lowered top tube also makes the frequent getting on and off the saddle in urban environments more comfortable. Lastly, for those that have limited flexibility, it allows the rider to have a super practical and beautiful bike with modern touches and clearances - something that was, until now, significantly lacking.
There are star reinforcements on nearly every braze-on on the frame and fork. The rear brake routing is internal and features super easy installation via a brazed in tube - no more fishing for the housing. The paint is a brilliant Metallic Sage.
The rear end of the bike features dedicated rack and fender mounts.
The fork has an elegant French-style bend that features braze-ons for a multitude of mounting options including: Rando-style front racks, side-mounted cargo cages, and low-rider pannier racks.
Of course, it wouldn't be a Velo Orange frame without proper fender mounts that face the tire to create a perfect fender installation every time.
Here are the specs:
- Frameset material: 4130 double butted chromoly steel
- Fork: 1 1/8" threadless, 4130 chromoly steel with elegant bend
- Wheel Size: 650B or 26"
- Tire Clearance: 650B x 48mm, 26 x 2.3" (either with fenders) / 650b x 2.1 or 26 x 2.3 knobby
- Rear Spacing: 12 x 142mm, thru-axle with replaceable hanger
- Fork Spacing: 12 x 100mm, thru-axle
- BB: English threaded 68mm
- Brakes: IS mount disc
- Seatpost: 27.2mm
- Front Derailleur Size: 28.6mm
- Water bottle mounts: Triple on top of downtube, one set on underside of downtube
- Fender bosses: seat stay bridge, chainstay bridge, under fork crown
- Frame Eyelets: Double eyelets on rear dropouts for racks and fenders. Internal eyelets on seat stays
- Fork Eyelets: Double eyelets on fork dropouts for racks and fenders. Triple thru-bosses on the blades for lowrider racks. Hourglass braze-on for Randonneur or Campeur Racks.
- Rear Brake Routing: Easy internal routing for rear brake cable housing/hydraulic tubing
- Paint: Metallic Sage