CrankBrothers (United States) - Press Release: Synthesis Mixed Wheel, Super Boost and Microspline options now available.
The 29 front / 27.5 rear mixed wheel combination, fondly dubbed the "mullet" of wheelsets, has been dominating the race headlines throughout 2019, including Loic Bruni's latest UCI DH World Cup victories.
A perfect evolution of our front and rear specific Synthesis tuned wheelset, we are now excited to offer a 29 front, 27.5 rear Synthesis E11 and DH11 wheelsets. Also new are Superboost and Microspline rear hub options, allowing more riders to improve their riding experience with our unique take on carbon wheels. Available now at crankbrothers's website and dealers worldwide.
- 29 Front/ 27.5 rear mixed wheel set
- Tuned Front and Rear Carbon Wheel System for enduro riding and racing.
- Front and rear specific wheels tuned and optimized to address the specific performance requirements and loads of mountain bike riding.
- Compliant tuned front wheel improves handling and maximizes grip and control in turns. Wider inner rim width supports wider tire profile in front, increased volume and contact patch, and rounds tire profile to enhance turning.
- Stiff tuned rear wheel supports peak loads and enhances stability and tracking at speed. Narrower inner rim width supports narrower tire profile in rear, improves rolling resistance, and sharpens tire edge for grip.
- Lower rotational weight leads to faster acceleration
- Improved handling through tight sections of trail
- Easier to change direction with smaller rear wheel
- Allows rider space to move further back on the bike
- Reduced trail chatter
- Faster rolling larger wheel
- Improved grip through maximizing contact patch