The Blur is the ride fast, ride far, ride harder than your heart can take kind of XC race bike that only we would make. Light enough to scorch hot laps and tough enough to endure a long-distance beating, the Blur bowls into the Cross Country Club like Rodney Dangerfield at Bushwood.
The one-piece carbon VPP® rear triangle shares a similar twin upright architecture to our World Cup-winning downhill bikes. Paired with a one-piece carbon front end it delivers a lateral stiffness and tracking ability you just don’t see on featherweight bikes of this genre.
The Blur doesn’t just race, it rips race courses a new A-line. Inspiring geometry built around a 69-degree head tube angle drives you to take those sketchy rough lines past the wobblers who stand between you and the podium.
Make no mistake, at just 2060g this is our lightest ever 100mm VPP® suspension bike. VPP® is already one of the most pedal efficient engineering principles in the history of mountain bike design. Throw our dual lockout build kits into the mix and you’ve got more thrust on demand than SpaceX.
All without trade off. The Blur carries the same lifetime frame and pivot bearing warranty as all other Santa Cruz Bicycles. Even the optional lightweight 29-inch Reserve carbon wheels are covered for life too. No matter how arduous your next XC endeavor, the Blur is ready to go full gas, 24/7.
- Available in: Carbon C & Carbon CC
- Wheel size: 29"
- Front travel: 100mm
- Rear travel: 100mm
- Designed for: Endurance & XC
XX1 Reserve Specifications:
- Kit: XX1 Reserve
- Price: $8999USD
- Weight: 9.94kg / 21.92lbs
- Material: Carbon CC
- Fork: Fox 32 Factory 100 Step-Cast w/ Remote
- Shock: Fox Float Factory DPS Kashima Remote
- Rear Derailleur: Sram XX1 Eagle
- Shifters: Sram XX1 Eagle
- Crankset: Sram XX1 Eagle DUB 34T (170mm S, 175mm M-XL)
- Cassette: Sram XG1295 Eagle 10-50T
- Chain: Sram X01 Eagle 12 SPD
- Brakes: Sram Level Ultimate
- Brake Rotors: Sram CLX Center Lock, 160mm
- Headset: Cane Creek AER IS Integrated Headset
- Bars: Santa Cruz Bicycles XC Flat Bar Carbon 31.8 x 750
- Stem: Syntace LiteForce
- Grips: ESI Chunky
- Front Hub: DT 240 15x110mm 28H
- Rear Hub: DT 240 12x148mm 28H
- Rims: Santa Cruz Reserve 25 Carbon Rim - 28h
- Spokes: DT Competition Race (28)
- Front Tire: Maxxis Aspen 29x2.25 TR
- Rear Tire: Maxxis Aspen 29x2.25 TR
- Tubes: Stans Sealant 2oz
- Seat Post: Syntace P6 Carbon HiFlex 31.6
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Carbon