The Next Evolution: Zipp 303, 404, and 808 NSW Rim Brake Carbon Clinchers Tubeless Wheelsets Optimized for Wider Tires.
The pursuit of AeroBalance™ defines Zipp’s approach to wheel design. Combining low drag performance with stable handling is our mission, because speed without control, is useless. Zipp’s NSW Series, since its inception in 2015, has been the launching pad for Zipp’s most advanced innovations.
To that end, our new NSW rim-brake wheels feature an entirely redesigned rim shape that aerodynamically integrates wider tubeless tires into the design of three of our most versatile NSW wheelsets:
- 303 NSW Carbon Clincher Tubeless (45mm rim depth)
- 404 NSW Carbon Clincher Tubeless (58mm rim depth)
- 808 NSW Carbon Clincher Tubeless (82mm rim depth)
New for These Wheelsets:
- New rim profile optimized to be fastest with wider tires: These three new wheelsets now feature a 19mm internal rim width and corresponding outer rim shape for aerodynamic optimization with 25mm tires
- Carbon Clinchers that are tubeless: These wheels allow you to run tubeless or traditional clinchers. The benefits of tubeless include superior flat protection, the ability to run lower pressures, and a smoother ride with high cornering grip and low rolling resistance
The new legacy: Lighter weight, greater speed, control and stopping power for 303, 404, and 808 Firecrest Carbon Clinchers.
Innovation permeates all we do. To that end, Zipp Firecrest Carbon Clincher rim-brake wheels now offer best-in-category aero efficiency and stability – a speed-inducing combination we call AeroBalance™ – along with greater stopping power at our most popular rim depths:
- 303 Firecrest Carbon Clincher (45mm rim depth) – An all-around performer as adept in the mountains as it is on rolling hills, or a field sprint
- 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher (58mm rim depth) – Our all-time best seller because it’s all about aero, while also being nimble on climbs and corners
- 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher (82mm rim depth) – An all-out aero weapon preferred by triathletes, time trial specialists or any cyclists with the need for speed
New Technology for Firecrest:
- More Speed: Revised rim profile for reduced aerodynamic drag developed by our advanced development team in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
- Greater AeroBalance: ABLC™ Sawtooth™ Technology, a complex dimpling pattern that helps reduce high yaw drag while improving crosswind stability
- Better braking: Zipp’s ShowStopper™ textured braking surface delivers unrivaled rim braking performance in wet or dry conditions
- Lighter Weight: At each rim depth, the new Firecrest rim brake wheelset is lighter than its predecessor