"The Vielo V+1 has been a long time in the making - a product of ideas, theories and extensive know-how gained from thirty years working with some of the world’s most coveted ultra-performance cycle brands. Designed for British cyclist, the V+1 has not suffered compromises to meet the demands of global markets. Instead we have single-mindedly engineered the V+1 for riding on rough British roads and off-road tracks", added the company.
"We think of it as a go anywhere speed machine. But in reality, it’s much more than that. The V+1 is an exercise in painstaking attention to detail. A quest to find the perfect combination of compliance, stiffness and acceleration that helps British riders go where they want, as fast as they want", continues Vielo.
The Engineers perspective:
"From the start we wanted to design a frame that could meet the demands of riding on poor roads conditions and off-road riding. This meant that we needed lots of compliance, yet still be very stiff and have great acceleration.
And I’m glad to say we have achieved this through two fundamental areas; first engineering the tube cross sections, which in itself is crucial to the the carbon layup and also the behaviour properties when riding the bike.
For the rear triangle we chose very flat but wide chain stays and seat stays that provide a passive suspension. Although, I don’t like the idea of calling it suspension, it’s really providing a bit travel. In combination with pre-bending the chain stays and especially the seat stays we can bring a lot of flexibility into the frame. Of course this needs to be controlled, so flex is vertical, not horizontal, which means it’s laterally very stiff to support aggressive riding and acceleration. It gives more control when cornering.
Also because the V+1 is a 1 by frame (single front sprocket), we have more freedom for rear tyre clearance and for engineering better, more suitable tube cross sections.
The CAD data provides a good idea how the design could turn out, but once the real result are in and it turns out the way envisaged, it’s a really satisfying moment.
We have other nice features too. Like adapting the through axle system for the frame - only two turns is need, it’s so fast to change a wheel. And dropper post compatibility - because we don’t need a front derailleur we can use the left gear shift lever and run the cable entry into the frame, keeping things extremely neat. The V+1 is a very dedicated frame, exceeding it’s engineering goals and is perfect for what it was designed for - rough roads, off road, gravel riding, rough conditions.
I’m so happy with the result".
- UD Carbon Fibre 870 gm
- Size scaled performance and geometry
- Passive rear suspension
- Integrated stainless scratch guards
- Replaceable rear mech hanger
- UK specific internal cable routing
- UDG Carbon Fribre 400gm
- 1-1/2” 1-1/8th
- BB Press-fit 41mm x 86.5mm
- Additional BB stiffness with 1 X
- Disc post mount - 140mm rear, 170mm front
- QR Axles:
- A2T fast thread
- 142mm x 12 rear, 100mm x 12 front
- Seat Tube:
- Diameter 30.9
- Integrated seat post clamp
- 700c x 42mm tyre or 650b x 2.1mm tyre
- Bottle cage - down tube and seat tube
- Tool box - under down tube
- Lunch box - on top tube
- Integrated front , rear mudguards
- XS, S, M, L, XL. Rider heights from 5’3” - 6’7”
- Shifting - Sram Force 1
- Rear Mech - Sram Force 1 long cage 11 speed
- Chainset - Sram Force 1 42T 30mm axle
- Cassette - Sram XO1 XG-1195 10/42 Black
- Chain - KMC DLC 11 Diamond Black 271g
- BB - Stainless Double sealed PF2BB30
- Axles - Vielo A2T alloy QR fast thread 145gm
- Disc - Sram Force hydraulic 170mm
- Rotors - Front, 140mm Rear
- DT Swiss - CR1600 Spline 23
- Tyres - Schwalbe G-One speed 700x38C
- Contact Areas:
- Bar - Vielo High Modulus Carbon fibre 8 Degree flair, 65mm reach, 120mm drop, 200gm
- Stem - Vielo 3D Forged 7 degree 133 gm
- Bar Tape - Fabric Silicon
- Saddle - Fabric Titanium Scoop Shallow Race
- Vielo - Premium double sealed with lower bearing protection/Push-n-turn fork expander
- Vielo - Carbon bearing cap with 2x10mm/1x5mm carbon spacers
- Seat Post/Clamp:
- Vielo - Carbon 30.9mm 206gm
- Integrated - Alloy seat clamp
- Options (No Cost):
- Stem - 80mm, 90mm, 100mm, 110mm, 120 mm
- Bar - 40cm, 42cm, 44cm, 46cm
- Crank Length - 170mm, 172.5mm, 175mm
- Chainring - 42T, 38T
- Tyres - Schwalbe G-One speed 700 x 38C/Schwalbe G-One Bite 700 x 38C
- Optional Upgrade (Extra Cost):
- Wheels - Lightweight Wegweiser
- Seat Post - RockShox Reverb Stealth 30.9mm
- Saddle - Fabric Carbon Scoop shallow
- A2T Axles - Custom Vielo Carbon 59gm (pair)