"Basing on the cooperation between the team and our R&D department, the 2018 frame has undergone some major tweaks. Probably the biggest ones, since the Fuzz was launched. First of all - we’ve changed the headtube from tapered 1 ⅛” - 1.5” to straight 1.5” and equipped the frames with our custom adjustable headset. Thanks to this move it’s now possible set up the bike’s reach to your own preferences. There are 3 steerer possible positions: -8 mm, 0 and +8mm. This means that each frame size is actually 3 in 1!", explained the company.
"The second change affected the rear triangle. We’ve decided to make the chainstay length proportional to the size of the frame - meaning that the CS is shorter in the smaller size and longer in the bigger. The idea is to grow the bike proportionally in every direction. By doing this, we’re gaining a better FC-RC balance which is a key factor in avoiding over or under steering. You may do even more rear end adjustments thanks to the 2-position dropouts (+/- 15mm), to make your ride just as you want it", continues NS Bikes.
"Thirdly, we’ve revised the other aspects of geometry. For instance, the headtube angle went 1 degree slacker (is now 62.5) and the BB went down for more stability and better traction on the most difficult segments. Our downhill boy got even badder", they concluded.
The Fuzz comes in two spec versions: Fuzz 1 equipped in Fox suspension and Fuzz 2 with Marzocchi/X-Fusion combo. There are more specification differences.
Fuzz 1 Specifications:
- Frame: NS Fuzz w/ 203mm travel, adjustable CS length, 1.5'' head tube with custom reach adjustable offset cups (+8, 0, -8mm)
- Tubes: AL6061-T6+AL6066-T6 custom formed and butted tubes, internal cable guide routing option, MAX bearings in all pivots
- Shock: Fox Performance Elite DHX2, LSC, LSR, 9.5”x3.0” (240x76mm), spring: M-450, L-500 lbs/in
- Fork: Fox Performance Elite 40 FIT4, 203mm travel, LSC, 1&1/8” steerer, 20TAx110, 52mm ofsset
- Stem: NS Direct Mount 31.8 (40-48mm / 2 positions)
- Headset: NS custom 1.5" EX56/56, sealed bearings, reach adjustable offset cups (0, +8, -8mm)
- Handlebar: NS Evidence Plus (800mm / 31.5” wide)
- Grips: NS Bikes Hold Fast
- Brakes: Sram Code R, 200mm front & rear rotors
- Shifter: Sram GX DH 7spd
- Derailleur: Sram GX DH X-Horizon™ 7spd
- Bottom bracket: Truvativ GXP 83mm
- Crank: Truvativ Descendant, 36t, 165mm
- Chainguide: Mozartt Presto Alu with bashguard
- Chain: KMC, 11 spd
- Cassette: CS PG 720, DH 11-25t
- Rims: NS Enigma Rock 650B 32h
- Hubs: NS Rotary 20 disc (sealed bearing), NS Rotary Cassette 157mm (sealed bearings)
- Spokes: 14G-2.0mm w/ 14mm nipples
- Tires: Magic Mary 27.5 x 2.35 black 60-584 wire bead VSC Downhill
- Seatpost: Kalloy 30.9
- Saddle: Octane One Crit, cromoly rails
- Bike weight: 16.9kg (w/o pedals)