Allied Cycle Works (United States) - Press Release: Lightweight, fast and different.
Payson McElveen, a Texas native, relocated to Durango, Colorado, in 2012. Known as an epicenter of endurance mountain biking, he spends most of his time training there. Payson's BC40 paint scheme was inspired by the infamous and rugged San Juan mountains. A mountain range that forms the southern part of Colorado's Rocky Mountains and is touted as having some of the most diverse landscapes of any mountain range in the U.S. The beautiful but unusual hues created by the distinct geology of the San Juans influenced the colors of this actual one-of-a-kind piece of art on two wheels. When Payson first moved there, he found the mountain range incredibly intimidating, but it was the challenging terrain he needed to reach his potential as an athlete. "They've taught me enormous amounts about myself as an athlete and person. It's extraordinary to have those mountains and years of hard work reflected in this new mountain bike," said Payson.
Over two years in the making, the BC40 was designed for speed, agility, and beauty, painstakingly tested and refined on the iconic singletrack in our backyard, and made entirely here in the United States, by us, with unparalleled precision and passion. Inspired by the legendary Back 40 trail system. Meet the new BC40, a thoughtfully engineered modern cross-country machine mixed with an all-day trail sled. A plush 120mm of front and rear travel combined with a second-to-none pedaling platform and progressive geometry delivers precise speed, handling, and tracking for the needs of the modern trail shredder.
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM Dub Threaded
- Brakes: SRAM Ultimate Level - 160mm rear / 180mm front
- Cassette: SRAM XG 1299 Eagle 10-52 Rainbow
- Chain: SRAM XX1 Eagle Chain Rainbow 12SPD
- Crankset: SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS Boost
- Fork: RockShox SID Ultimate Charger Race Day Remote
- Front Derailleur: N/A
- Handlebar: Truvativ Atmos Carbon Flat Bar
- Handlebar Tape: ESI Black Chunky Grips
- Rear Shock: SID Luxe Ultimate Remote
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS
- Saddle: Selle Italia Novus Boost Evo Superflow
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb AXS 31.6
- Shift Levers: SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS Controller
- Stem: Truvativ Atmos 6K 50MM
- Tires: MAXXIS Rekon 29X2.40 WT EXO/TR/TW Tan Tire Set
- Wheelset: Roval Control SL 29 6BOLT XD