Venn (Belgium) - Press Release: New Venn Var 507 rim or disc brake wheels.
Venn Var 507 TCD filament wound tubeless clincher disc brake carbon wheels:
VAR filament winding process utilises slit tape towpreg to accurately lay up the carbon fiber in an automated, computer controlled process. The use of preimpregnated carbon fiber tape allows us to use the latest resins that offer the optimal blend of toughness and impact resistance. The Var 507 rims are designed specifically for enhanced aerodynamic performance with wide tires.
The Venn Var 507 TCD disc specific rims are a result of our extensive experience with aerodynamics. The goal was to deliver a rim shape that is not only aerodynamic, but exceptionally stable in crosswinds. What is the point of a wheel being aerodynamic if it is too scary to use as soon as there is a little bit of cross wind, or even in city traffic? The Venn Var 507 TCD handles exceptionally well and achieves optimal aerodynamic performance with tires that inflate to 25-26mm width.
High resolution 3D transient CFD simulations were used to develop the advanced Venn 507 profile. The end result are rims that can be ridden in any conditions as they do not generate torque and thus do not affect handling in cross winds, or even heavy traffic conditions.
We will custom build your Venn Var 507 TCD wheels with your choice of hubs.
- Cassette type: Campagnolo 11s, Shimano 11s, SRAM XDR
- Manufacturing technology: Machine filament wound
- Brake compatibility: Disc
- Tire type: Tubeless/clincher
- Size: 29", 700c
- Width: 28mm external, 21mm internal
- Depth: 50.7mm
- Hubs: Bitex BX106 12 x 100/12 x 142, Bitex BX312 12 x 100/ 12 x 142, Carbon-Ti X 12 x 100/12 x 142, Chris King R45D 12 x 100/12 x 142, DT Swiss 240s CL 12 x 100/12 x 142, DT Swiss 350 CL 12 x 100/12 x 142, Velotechnic DS-1D 12 x 100/12 x 142
- Spokes: 20/24 Sapim CX-Ray
- Nipples: Sapim alloy
- Rider weight limit: 110kg