Hayes (United States) - Press Release: Featuring 37mm stanchions, home mechanic approved travel adjustability from 180mm to 140mm, and our easy to use VTT-6P damper, the Mezzer Expert is the smart choice for anyone looking to dive into the Enduro Fork market. Should you later decide you would like more adjustability from your fork, factory upgrades such as IRT and MC2 are available and can be easily installed in your own garage. At 2030g this fork is the second lightest option available within the Enduro fork market, second only to the Mezzer Pro of course.
- 37mm stanchions, Reverse Arch design, and Hexlock SL2 axle combined together result in ultimate stiffness
- Expert Air offers ultimate sensitivity featuring a self-equalizing negative air spring.
- IVA (Incremental Volume Adjuster) allows you to modify your positive air chamber volume by rearranging self contained spacers. You'll never lose a volume spacer again.
- VTT-6P damper provides 6 easy clicks to dial in your damping for all types of terrain.
- Integrated fender can be installed/removed by three small screws threaded into the arch of the fork.
- TSR (Trail Side Relief) valves on the back of the lower legs allow you to bleed off built up air within the lower legs to keep things butter smooth between service intervals
- Wheel Size: 27.5", 29"
- Weight: 2030g(27.5") 2062g(29")
- Offset: 37/44OS(27.5") 44/51OS(29")
- Ride Height: 534-574mm (27.5") 554-594mm (29")
- Travel: 140-180mm Internally adjustable in 10mm increments
- Spring: Expert Air w/ IVA
- Compression Damping: VTT
- Rebound Damping: Open Cartridge adjustable TPC
- Adjustments: Air, Air Volume, Rebound, 6-position Compression (Open, Trail, Lock)
- Steerer: 1.5" Tapered
- Crown: Forged Aluminum, Hollow Bore
- Leg Diameter: 37mm
- Leg Material: 7000- Series Butted Wall Aluminum
- Brake Post Mount: 180mm (223mm Max)
- Axle: 15mm x 110mm Hexlock
- Max Tire Size: 69mm w/ Fender 74mm Without
- Options: Fender Kit
- E-Pac: Yes 44OS 140-180 (27.5") 51OS 140-160mm (29")
Expert Air is derived from our Dorado Air system and features a unique balancing valve that equalizes the positive and negative air chambers during the air fill process. This valve is activated only when the pump is threaded completely onto the valve. This gives the spring rate a smooth and consistent feel without any flat or dead spots in the stroke.
6 Position Variable Terrain Tune (VTT):
Adjusted through a single external compression adjuster, both high-speed and low-speed damping characteristics are changed simultaneously when turning the knob. The damper features a fixed shim stack and a secondary shim stack that is preloaded by the external adjuster. In positions 1 and 2 there is an open flow path through the compression damper. In positions 3-6, the adjustable shim stack comes into contact with the piston, increasing platform force. This design provides a wide tuning range that combines the benefits of a low-speed platform and a high-speed progressive tune that can suit any terrain through 6 positions.
Utilizing the same chassis as our Mezzer Pro, the Expert features 37mm stanchions built from 7000 series aluminum and our Reverse Arch technology. This allows us to keep the fork incredibly light at just 2030g (27.5” at 180mm) making the Expert the second lightest fork in the Enduro category, second only to the Mezzer Pro of course.
Trail Side Relief (TSR) ports located on the back of the lower legs under the arch. TSR allows riders to “bleed” built up casting pressure while on the trail to ensure the highest level of performance and lowest breakaway force for the best small bump feel in-between service intervals.
Our patented hex axle locks the lower legs in place, eliminating rotation around the axle providing unsurpassed stiffness in a light weight tooled package.
Travel Change Made Easy:
The Mezzer is internally travel adjustable from 180mm down to 140mm. This is done quite easily by adding or removing the supplied travel spacers included in every box.