A frame with unique features and a host of innovative aspects , providing the perfect response to the needs of triathletes around the world. A product developed on the basis of four fundamental pillars: aerodynamics; braking efficiency; wide range of positions; ease of transportation.
The ultimate synthesis of these key elements, Turbine is the new triathlon and time trial frame that embodies all of Wilier Triestina's expertise in the quest for maximum speed. Turbine transforms your power into speed, offering the highest possible levels of performance.
Aerodynamics, integration and disc brake:
Turbine was designed using NACA aerodynamic profiles and boasts a truncated rear tail, reducing weight and increasing torsional stiffness. The hydraulic disc brake not only provides superb braking safety in all weather conditions, it also increases the aerodynamic efficiency of the frame. It might seem strange, but this type of braking system enables the outer tubes of the front fork and the rear triangle to be positioned further away from the wheel: this leads to a dramatic reduction in turbulence, improving aerodynamic penetration. The aerodynamics study also focused on the handlebar stem/curve, which we designed directly. The profile of the Turbine stem is perfectly integrated with the fork, transforming it into a single, streamlined component with no protrusions or cavities. The resulting aerodynamic line is of the highest possible level.
The number of ergonomic positions that can be achieved with the Turbine frame are almost infinite. With three frame sizes available, along with two types of seat post and a revolutionary new handlebar design, we can meet the needs of both the world of time trial and triathlon, two sports which call for very different riding styles.
We know that travelling the world with a triathlon bike can be complicated: The Turbine boasts special monocoque carbon handlebars which can be compacted in less than a minute without removing any cables and - above all - without losing the original set-up: an essential feature which facilitates transportation of the entire bike, as well as making it easier to store at home or in the garage.
E910IC Shimano Dura Ace Di2 9150 Model Specification:
- Drivetrain: Shimano Dura Ace Di2 9150
- Frame: Carbon Monocoque 60TON
- Fork: Turbine Carbon Monocoque Integrated 60TON
- Custom Wilier carbon foldable
- Braket PROFILE DESIGN AERIA UTLIMATE
- F40 Armset
- Extension alloy 35A
- Hydration system: HSF/AERIA 30 oz (857 ml) - OPTIONAL
- Extension shifting Dura Ace Di2 R9160
- Bar Brake Shifting system Dura Ace Di2 ST-R9180
- Brakes: Hydro Disc Brake Dura Ace BR-R9170
- Rotors: Shimano SM-RT900 140 mm
- Frame weight: 1190 gr. +/- 5%
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura Ace Di2 FD-R9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura Ace Di2 RD-R9150
- Crankset: Shimano Dura Ace FC-R9100 53/39T
- BB Shell: Shimano Pressfit SM-BB92-41B
- Cassette: Shimano Dura Ace 9100 11/25T
- Chain: Shimano CN-HG901-11
- Wheelset: Mavic Comete Pro Carbon UST Disc
- Tires: Mavic Yksion Pro 25 mm
- Saddle: San Marco Shot
- Seatmast: Wilier custom design carbon -25 mm seatback / 0 seatback
- Weight: 8.25 kg. ± 5%
- Frame weight: 1190 gr. +/- 5%