Trek (United States) - Press Release: If you want one bike that does it all, pick this one.
Fuel EX is a full suspension bike that’s made to hit every trail, every day. From epic long-distance rides to rowdy local trails after work, Fuel EX’s balanced geometry and sweet-spot suspension setup give you nerve for descents and heart for climbs. We don’t think you should have to choose just one mountain bike. But if you do, choose this one.
Any trail, anytime:
If you wanna ride it, chances are Fuel EX can rip it. This bike’s always ready for more.
Rip the rough stuff:
Unmatched traction and stability give you courage to charge wheel-eating rock gardens and rooty roller coaster drop-ins. Whatever you get yourself into, Fuel EX has your back.
Ride up for more:
Fuel EX climbs as well as it descends, so when the trail points up, you can get to the top with enough left in the tank to rail whatever's next.
Go with the flow:
Whether it's party laps with your pals, that random race you entered on a whim, or an all-day singletrack adventure with heroic climbs and dreamy serpentine descents, Fuel EX is there for all your ups and downs.
Stow it, don’t show it:
OCLV Carbon Fuel EX models now feature internal frame storage to stow away your tools, gear, and whatever other goodies you bring on the trail. The quick-access latch is secure yet easy to use with muddy, gloved fingers.
Whether you’re smashing blown-out corners or taking questionable lines down the chunky stuff, Fuel EX’s sure-footed composure lets you keep charging.
A better shock:
Trek's exclusive RE:aktiv damper is firm when you're pedaling, but instantly gives way to soak up bumps. Select models take this concept further with RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft, which reacts to the terrain faster than any other shock available.
Dial in your bike:
Want more stability on steep descents? Flip the Mino Link to get lower and slacker. Want to run your front brake on the right? Use Control Freak to keep those hoses tidy, no matter how you like your controls.
The mountain bike for everybody—and every body:
Fuel EX is designed to give riders of all genders and body types the best experience on the trail. It's available in sizes from XS to XXL with wheel sizes that match rider size. This way every mountain biker can find their perfect fit.
Fuel EX 9.9:
- Frame: OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame & stays, internal storage, tapered head tube, Knock Block, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, ISCG 05, magnesium rocker link, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 130mm travel
- Fork: Size: XS , S, Fox Factory 36, Float EVOL air spring, GRIP2 damper, tapered steerer, 44mm offset, Boost110, 15mm Kabolt axle, 140mm travel, Size: S , M , ML , L , XL, Fox Factory 36, Float EVOL air spring, GRIP2 damper, tapered steerer, 44mm offset, Kashima Coat, Boost110, 15mm Kabolt axle, 140mm travel
- Shock: Size: XS , S, Fox Factory Float EVOL, RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft 3-position damper, Kashima Coat, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 210x52.5mm, Size: S , M , ML , L , XL, Fox Factory Float EVOL, RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft 3-position damper, Kashima Coat, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 210x55mm
- Front Wheel: Bontrager Line Carbon 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Boost110, 15mm thru axle
- Rear Wheel: Bontrager Line Carbon 30, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, 6-bolt, SRAM XD driver, Boost148, 12mm thru axle
- Tire: Size: XS , S, Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 27.5x2.60'', Size: S , M , ML , L , XL, Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 29x2.60''
- Shifter: SRAM X01 Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM X01 Eagle
- Crank: Size: XS , S, SRAM X01 Eagle Carbon, DUB, 32T alloy ring, Boost, 170mm length, Size: M , ML , L , XL, SRAM X01 Eagle Carbon, DUB, 32T alloy ring, Boost, 175mm length
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB, 92mm, PressFit
- Cassette: SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12 speed
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle, 12 speed
- Saddle: Bontrager Arvada Pro, carbon rails, 138mm width
- Seatpost: Size: XS , S, Bontrager Line Elite Dropper, 100mm travel, internal routing, 31.6mm, 340mm length, Size: M , ML, Bontrager Line Elite Dropper, 150mm travel, internal routing, 31.6mm, 440mm length, Size: L , XL, Bontrager Line Elite Dropper, 170mm travel, internal routing, 31.6mm, 480mm length
- Handlebar: Bontrager Line Pro, OCLV Carbon, 35mm, 27.5mm rise, 780mm width
- Grips: Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
- Stem: Size: XS , S, Bontrager Line Pro, 35mm, Knock Block, 0 degree, 40mm length, Size: M , ML , L , XL, Bontrager Line Pro, 35mm, Knock Block, 0 degree, 50mm length
- Headset: Knock Block Integrated, cartridge bearing, 1-1/8'' top, 1.5'' bottom
- Brake: Shimano XT M8120 4-piston hydraulic disc
- Bag: Bontrager BITS Internal Frame Storage Bag
- Weight: M - 12.00 kg / 26.45 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit: This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).