Specialized (United States) - Press Release: The All-New Enduro.
The new Enduro climbs quickly, yet mobs down the nastiest descents at what should be terrifying speeds… with utter calm. It’s a radically new beast, sporting a Demo-inspired chassis, more travel, and geometry that keeps you in control when you bite off more than you can chew. Hell, it even looks fast in a library.
Fast Starts with Fit:
Back when people still thought 29-inch wheels only made long-travel bikes shitty, the original Enduro 29 proved conventional wisdom dead wrong with its dialed geometry. The new Enduro’s slacker head angle, longer reach, and steeper seat tube make it even quicker and more capable.
Balanced Chassis Stiffness:
We didn’t set out to make the stiffest bike possible—that bike would be a tooth-rattling nightmare. The Enduro’s balanced stiffness helps the front-end steer precisely and keeps the rear-end tracking like it’s on rails through the roughest terrain.
The new Enduro boasts smooth and controlled suspension, start to finish. The progressive leverage curve makes the Enduro supple over small rocks and roots and prevents it from bottoming-out on big hits.
Big Wheels, Big Momentum:
Bigger wheels maintain momentum better than smaller wheels—particularly over technical terrain. That’s why the new Enduro rolls exclusively on 29-inch wheels. It marries 170 millimeters of suspension travel with big wheels in a package that’s crazy fast.
- Chain: Shimano XTR M9100, 12-speed
- Bottom Bracket: Threaded, 30mm spindle
- Crankset: Race Face Next R Carbon, 170mm
- Shift Levers: Shimano XTR M9100, 12-speed
- Cassette: Shimano XTR M9100, 12-speed, 10-51t
- Chainrings: Steel, 30T
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR M9100, 12-speed, Shadow Plus
- Fork: FOX FLOAT FACTORY 36, Kashima, Grip 2 Damper, 44 OS, Kabolt 110, 170mm
- Rear Shock: FOX FLOAT DHX2 Factory, Rx Trail Tune, EVOL Air sleeve, 2-position adjustment, Trunnion mount, 205x60mm
- Front Hub: Roval Traverse SL, sealed cartridge bearings, 15mm thru-axle, 110mm spacing, 28h
- Rear Hub: Roval Traverse SL, DT Swiss Star Ratchet, 54t engagement, Shimano Micro Spline driver body, 12mm thru-axle, 148mm spacing, 28h
- Inner Tubes: Standard, Presta valve
- Spokes: DT Competition Race
- Rims: Roval Traverse SL Carbon 29, hookless carbon, 30mm inner width, hand-built, 2Bliss Ready
- Front Tire: Butcher, GRID TRAIL casing, GRIPTON® compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.6"
- Rear Tire: Butcher, GRID TRAIL casing, GRIPTON® compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
- Saddle: Bridge 155 S2, Bridge 143 S3/S4/S5, Hollow Ti rails
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb AXS, 30.9, 1X remote, (S2/S3: 150mm, S4/S5:170mm)
- Stem: Deity Copperhead, 35.0mm
- Handlebars: Roval Traverse SL Carbon, riser bar, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 30mm rise, 800mm, 35.0mm
- Grips: Deity, Knuckleduster, Black
- Front Brake: Shimano XTR, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 200mm
- Rear Brake: Shimano XTR, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 180mm
- Pedals: Specialized Dirt
- Seat Binder: Specialized bolt-type, alloy, 38.6mm
- Frame: The new Enduro features a full-carbon frameset, boasting 170mm of suspension travel in an all-new design that increases your control and speed over the roughest sections of trail, yet also boasts exceptional pedaling efficiency. We’ve also given the new Enduro aggressive “long, low and slack” geometry for a more balanced and confident feel at speed. You’ll find a host smart details, including our SWAT™ Door downtube-storage integration, a creak-free threaded BB, and painless internal cable routing. Finally, our S-Works frame also sports full carbon linkage, which shaves an additional 250 grams of the ultra-light frameset.