National Interscholastic Cycling Association (NICA) (United States) - The Director of Corporate Partnerships is responsible for identifying and securing sponsorship and corporate partnership opportunities for the National Interscholastic Cycling Association (NICA) to support initiatives nationally, regionally, and at the local league level. Through the identification and successful engagement of brands, agencies and corporate entities, the Director of Corporate Partnerships will oversee the sustained growth of brand partnerships and sponsorship agreements ensuring alignment with NICA Leagues and meeting annual targets of $500,000 - $1M for this important revenue stream.
Reporting to the Vice President of Development and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, the Director of Corporate Partnerships will be responsible for the delivery of new and
non-endemic partnerships, corporate relationships, and agreements that maximize
engagement opportunities across NICA, with a focus on long-term corporate support.
This remote position is a member of the Marketing, Communications and Development Team.
The Director of Corporate Partnerships will have two direct reports: A part-time
Development Consultant responsible for growing the NICA Booster Club, and the NICA Partnerships Manager, a FTE whose responsibilities include fulfillment of national partnerships by ensuring the delivery of contractual elements and providing excellent customer service.
- Develop and lead the creation of a cohesive and robust strategic sponsorship framework, including developing sponsorship and marketing policies, and asset identification and valuations.
- Deliver sustained contributed revenue growth from the creation and execution of innovative, scalable brand sponsorship agreements and corporate commitments to ensure that quarterly and annual financial targets are achieved.
- Generate at least $500,000- $1M in new brand-activated partnerships in the first year of employment.
- Manage all partnership program activities including prospecting, sales and negotiation, proposal development, sponsor activations, servicing,and relationship management.
- Work closely with NICA’s Development and Program team, including the NICA Leagues to maximize corporate support across programming areas and to ensure a coordinated approach to prospecting and securing sponsorship support.
- Build and cultivate relationships with brands, agencies and corporate entities, while maintaining existing relationships with current brands and corporate sponsors.
- Review, analyze and evaluate each sponsorship agreement to identify future growth opportunities and to achieve optimum levels of return sponsors.
- Manage relationships with external consultants.
- Travel to special events and or meetings with prospects.
- Undertake other related duties as assigned.
Education, skills, experience:
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of experience in corporate sponsorship or partnership sales in a nonprofit and/or agency environment.
- Relationship builder with an active network of contacts across high-profile brands, agencies, and organizations.
- Proven track record of success in leading the development and sale of sponsorship agreements.
- Strong knowledge of the sponsorship ecosystem and experience with brand activations and sponsorship execution.
- Strong contract negotiation skills accompanied by the ability to provide strategic and creative direction.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and proactive, but also a strong team player.
- Strong and dynamic presentation and communication skills.
- Capable of multitasking and working in a fast-paced complex environment.
Photo Credit: Steven Mortinson.