Hammerhead (United States) - Hammerhead is tech startup creating the perfect software platform for the sport of cycling. At present we are focused on the Karoo, the next generation of bicycle computer. We are a team of athletes, creators, and doers who get to spend our time building the finest product in our category, for the benefit of the sport we love. The Karoo shipped in March of 2018 and is used by thousands of customers around the world.
We are now seeking an experienced Product Manager to speed us along this mission. The successful candidate will be responsible for defining features and a feature roadmap for the Karoo. The candidate will work internally with the head of product, the head of engineering, UX, as well as with Agile development teams. This role requires cycling industry knowledge and ideally knowledge in one or more specialty areas such as Android applications, cycling training software, wireless sensors or maps.
The Product Manager will:
Assess the market:
- Be an expert on the Karoo product and competitive landscape
- Bring deep knowledge of the cycling industry
- Research industry initiatives
- Compare the company's product to competitors' products to ensure competitive advantage and differentiation
- Conduct detailed assessments of customer use, needs, and gaps
- Define and leverage customer insights into excellent agile user stories
Envision future Karoo features:
- Refine and specify features for design and development teams across the product including: Karoo data analysis, data field displays, third 3rd party integrations, training features, sensor integrations
Guide the development team on feature priorities and trade-offs:
- Work closely with product owner to translate feature road map to accurate feature specifications
- Weigh and justify product development decisions between short-term needs and long-term strategic direction
- Work with engineering teams to define and prioritize, and execute flow of feature development
- Run story grooming sessions with Agile teams and during sprints be the go-to person answering questions raised about stories in development
Show leadership initiative:
- Represent the company with 3rd party business partners
- Work cross-functionally with team leads to launch and iterate on product initiatives
To join us you must:
Be on this mission to win:
We are not here to take part in our category, we are here to take it over. We are working on applying some of the most interesting technology to some of the most exciting applications. We’ve built a strong team from around the world. We have extremely ambitious goals for the future as well as the team to seize them. You must bring enthusiasm, aggression, and the determination to succeed, excited by the prospect of working hard, in the full confidence that your colleagues are too.
Accept extreme ownership:
We do not believe in work/life balance. It’s all life, and it is short. We believe in spending it doing something meaningful, with people you admire, enjoy, and respect. Our culture is defined by the things that we do right, when it would be easier to do them wrong. You must be willing to admit your own mistakes, develop a plan to overcome them, and blame no one else. You must set this example for the team that you directly lead and grow.
Specific qualifications and skills required:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, marketing, or similar
- 5 or more years of experience as a product manager
- Excellent communications skills
- Familiarity with the Agile and Scrum process
- Experienced writing User Stories
- Has filled the Product Manager role for products that include: Android, Hardware device(s), Web services)
- Comfortable directing UX and working closely with the software team
- Ideally familiar with Atlassian tools including Jira
- Is a cyclist or has cycling industry experience by some other means.
- Ideally has specialty experience pertinent to Karoo such as: Wireless sensor technology (ANT+, BTLE), Mapping and Routing, 3rd Party Mapping tools, Endurance fitness