Halo Wheels (United Kingdom) - In-house brands are an important part of Ison's business model and were established primarily to complement Ison's exclusive brand partners. Ison has an existing base of brand managers, designers and engineers that are all passionate about the products they develop, and so it's not unusual for Ison's in-house brands to 'punch well above their weight' against several other 'larger' international brands in independent tests and reviews. As the in-house brands have started to develop, markets further afield than the UK are showing demand, and Ison expects the in-house brand area to continue to grow organically.
Ison's 'house' brands currently include:
Parts and Accessories:
- Halo Wheels (high-end wheels/parts for all genres of cycling).
- Gusset Components (Off Road parts)
- Genetic Components (road parts)
- Passport Accessories (bags, tools, pumps etc.)
- The Light Blue Urban bike range (3, 5 and 7spd urban type use bikes)
- The Light Blue Sport range (hi-specification steel road/touring/trekking bikes)
- Identiti Bikes aggressive use Off-Road bikes
With such a wide variety of in-house brands and products, the Product Design role at Ison can easily become a relatively broad role that is likely to encompass a mixture of aspects including design, development, testing, and also close liaison with brand managers, factories and 3rd party engineers, as well aspects of computer graphics and marketing.
Brief Job Description:
- Post: Product Design Engineer
- Responsible to: Managing Director
- Job Purpose: To produce technical product design solutions in cooperation with Directors, Brand Managers, technical service staff and graphic design.
- Salary:< Competitive
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
To produce technical product design solutions in cooperation with Directors, Brand Managers, technical service staff and graphic design.
- Follow the company's design process protocol.
- Based upon discussions and briefs from the MD, along with Brand Managers, technical service staff, production factories and by liaising with the Graphic Designer, produce product design solutions which enable the company's brands to deliver attractive, functional, distinctive and innovative products into the marketplace.
- Produce technical visual and video content to assist with marketing.
- Assist Brand Managers and graphic design in the production of user instructions.
- Provide technical input on product testing systems.
- Liaise with the Graphic Designer to assist with other projects when required.
- Offer additional support for the sales office.
- Attend shows as part of the team and assist wherever necessary.
- Deliver weekly activity reports to the MD outlining work achieved and scheduled activity.
- Manage and deliver the company's 'Product Development report' on a weekly basis to all stakeholders.
- A good qualification in technical product design.
- Experienced use of 'SolidWorks'.
- Experience of delivering full design process, from concept to final product
- Experience of developing visual and video content.
- Good working knowledge of bikes and bike parts
- Ability to clearly communicate by telephone and email
- Previous experience of producing technical design solutions for bicycles.
- Employ effective communication skills, both verbal, written and by email
- Listen effectively to briefs from Managing Director, Brand Managers, production engineers, service staff, graphic design and marketing.
- Work methodically and accurately when producing and filing all work.
- Work well on own initiative and as part of a team
- Multi-task, prioritise and manage time effectively
- Be flexible to meet deadlines
- Remain calm when under pressure