"Starting with a wide and consistent stack and reach range, we set out to design a frame that could handle on or off road conditions while maintaining a comfortable ride. As you start to review the geo chart you will noticed we have 3 different fork offsets, BB drops and rear center measurements. Add size specific tubing and 2 different sized rear triangles and you have what we feel is the perfect endurance geo for all sized riders. The reason for this is that we wanted the 48 and 61 to fit the rider correctly and make the geo changes needed to provide the perfect ride", explained Jamis Bikes.
Size Specific Frame Design:
"Size Specific Design (SSD) is the Jamis design philosophy and technique used to create the best possible riding bike for each size rider. Rather than limiting frame size variations to just different length top, seat and head tubes lengths, we take an all-inclusive look at each frame’s total configuration. Every SSD frame will also feature size-specific BB drop, rear center, fork offset/trail and SST technology", they added.
Eco Fork 12mm Thru-Axle:
Enhanced Compliance Offset (ECO) fork blades are swept forward several millimeters to provide extra vertical compliance for a more comfortable and controlled ride without any compromise in lateral stiffness. This is possible in part due to the ECO’s reinforcing rib on the inside of the fork legs. The integration of a 12mm thru-axle into Jamis fork maintains all of the characteristics of their ECO design while adding the thru-axle benefits of increased front-end stiffness and further reduced weight.
With endurance geometry designed to go anywhere the only choice was disc brakes. Now the Renegade Elite, Expert and Exploit all come with hydraulic brakes. With hydraulic disc brakes the rider will have the most consistent and confidence-inspiring braking available.
"We should call them magic mounts. With a collection of fork and frame mounts you can easily choose to mount fenders or a rear carrier. This opens up options when the weather goes bad or can even turn Renegade into a commuter", they continue.
Tubeless MTB Rims:
Tubeless and wider rims across the range provide great benefits on any terrain. The tubeless benefits are to help prevent flats with sealant as well as being able to adjust the tire pressure for the perfect ride. For example on dirt roads the rider may want to reduce the tire pressure to increase the contact patch for better grip without the worry of pinch flatting. The 23-24mm wider rims effectively gives a constant and wide tire surface yielding better handling, stability and confidence with plenty of surface grip for control.
Dropper Post Ready:
Jamis added cable routing capability for a 27.2mm dropper post. Carbon-made Elite and Expert models have routing for an internal post while the Exploit is fitted for external.
- Frame - Jamis Size Specific Design frame geometry, Reynolds 520 double-butted chromoly main tubes, 44mm head tube for tapered fork, threaded BB shell, seat stay disc brake mounts, top tube mounted full cable housing, 3 waterbottle mounts, rack and fender eyelets, clearance for 700x42c and 650x47c tires.
- Fork - Jamis Adventure ECO monocoque carbon composite, 12mm Jamis MTS (Modular Thru-axle System) with stainless interface and carbon dropouts, tapered steerer with 1.5” hollow formed crown, flat mount disc brakes with internal cable routing, exposed fender, lowrider and water bottle eyelets
- Headset - FSA Orbit ITA B Internal/External, 1.5 - 1 1/8”
- Wheels - WTB i23 STP disc rims with TCS (UST Tubeless Compliant System), 32H, Formula 12mm front and QR rear alloy 6-bolt hubs and 14g stainless steel spokes
- Tires - Clement X Plor MSO, 700 x 36c, 30TPI with protection belt
- Derailleurs - Shimano Tiagra RD-4700 GS rear and Tiagra FD-4700 front with 28.6mm alloy clamp
- Shiftlevers - Shimano Tiagra ST-4700 Dual Control STI, 20-speed
- Chain - KMC 10-speed X10
- Cassette - Shimano 10-speed, 11-32T
- Crankset - FSA Gossamer MegaExo, 50/34T, 165mm (48), 170mm (51) 172.5mm (54/56) 175mm (58/61)
- BB Set - FSA BB-4000
- Brakeset - TRP Spyre mechanical disc brake with 160mm rotors and Shimano Tiagra ST-4700 brake levers
- Handlebar - Ritchey Evomax Comp, 6061 aluminum, 73 reach, 120 drop with 12° flare, 31.8 x 420 (48-51) 440mm (54-56), 460mm (56-61)
- Stem - Ritchey 4-Axis 3D forged 6061 alloy, 6˚ x 80mm (48/51), 90mm (54/56), 110mm (58/61)
- Tape - Jamis suede tape
- Seat Post - Ritchey Road, 27.2 x 300mm with cromo seat pin
- Saddle - Selle Royal Seta S1 with integrated clip system
- Sizes - 48, 51, 54, 56, 58, 61cm
- Color - Flat Steel
- Weight - 24.25 lbs