Designed for Enduro racing but versatile enough for everyday trail riding, the Compulsion is most at home on technical descents. Featuring 160mm of suspension travel and Felt’s revolutionary Equilink technology that maximizes pedaling efficiency while handling anything the trail throws your way, the Compulsion conquers the roughest, rock-laden, root-strewn terrain imaginable.
Its 27.5-inch wheels are designed for optimal performance for all riders, and they combine with the Compulsion’s unique geometry to make it a better climbing companion than other bikes in its class. For those riders looking to take on the challenge of Enduro racing, or for those who simply want one bike that’s capable of handling any ride, then the Compulsion is the ideal choice to conquer any trail, any terrain, anytime.
What is Equilink?
When it comes to mountain bike suspension, most frame manufacturers use a standard four-bar system that allows for optimizing either anti-squat(1) or leverage curve(2), thereby compromising one for the other. Felt Bicycles created Equilink, with a unique six-bar system that allows us to tune both the leverage curve AND the anti-squat curve independently in order to optimize both. The ultimate goal was to create a leverage curve that is progressive, with a complex anti-squat curve that gives you the right amount of anti-squat in the region of suspension travel where you’re pedaling yet minimizes the chain growth(3) in regions where you’re not pedaling. So what does that mean? Pedaling is efficient while pedal kickback is minimized on big hits, and the suspension can soak up small bumps and large bumps without wallowing in the mid-stroke. Quite simply, it’s a better suspension system for a faster, more comfortable, superior ride.
- Anti-squat: The force that resists bobbing
- Leverage: The relationship between how much the rear wheel is moving and how much the shock is moving
- Chain Growth: The increase in distance from the bottom bracket to the rear axle while the suspension compresses. This results in pedal kickback, a disruptive sensation
Featuring a full carbon frame that includes a carbon rear triangle and carbon links, the Compulsion 1 is the most advanced enduro bike on the planet. With a 170mm Fox Performance Elite 36 fork and a Fox Float X2 rear shock with 165mm of travel, it is the ultimate bike for tackling the gnarliest enduro courses or your roughest local trail. Utilizing Felt’s signature Equilink 6-bar suspension system allowed Felt engineers to fine-tune a progressive leverage curve and ideal anti-squat qualities. What does that mean? A superior ride quality, impeccable handling, and the finest suspension platform anywhere.
Compulsion 1 Specifications:
- Frame: Felt All Mountain, 165mm travel, Equilink suspension, UHC Advanced carbon fiber, MMC with InsideOut construction, full carbon dropouts, ControlTaper head tube, post disc mount, replaceable derailleur hanger, 73mm threaded BB, carbon fiber rocker links, 12 x 148mm Syntace style thru axle, internal derailleur cable/brake hose/dropper post routing
- Shock: FOX Performance Float X2, 205 x 65mm Trunnion
- Fork: FOX Performance Elite 36, 170mm travel, 15 x 110mm Boost thru axle
- Headset: FSA sealed cartridge bearings, semi-integrated, No.57, 1.125 - 1.5"
- Stem: Race Face Aeffect-R, ±6° rise, Ø35mm, S/M: 40mm, L/XL: 50mm
- Handlebar: Race Face Atlas, Ø35mm, 35mm rise, 8° sweep, 800mm wide
- Grips: Devox Pauley Grip, lock-on
- Shifters: SRAM GX Eagle, 1x12
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM GX Eagle 12-speed
- Crankset: Descendant 7K Eagle, 34T, SM: 170mm, MD/LG/XL: 175mm
- Chainguide: MRP SXg top and bottom guide with direct attach bashguard
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM GXP, BSA threaded, 73mm
- Chain: SRAM GX, 12-speed
- Freewheel / Cassette: SRAM GX, 12-speed, 10-50T
- Brake Levers: SRAM Guide RS
- Brake (Front): SRAM Guide RS hydraulic disc, 180mm Centerline rotor
- Brake (Rear): SRAM Guide RS hydraulic disc, 180mm Centerline rotor
- Saddle: WTB Volt Race, Cr-Mo rails
- Seat Post: KS LEV Integra dropper with South Paw, Ø30.9mm, SM: 100mm travel, MD: 125mm travel, LG: 150mm travel, XL: 175mm travel
- Seat Post Clamp: Felt single bolt, Ø34.9mm
- Rims / Wheelset: Race Face Aeffect-R wheelset, tubeless ready
- Front Hub: Race Face, 15 x 110mm Boost thru axle, 6-bolt, 32H
- Rear Hub: Race Face, XD driver, 12 x 148mm Boost thru axle, 6-bolt, 32H
- Thru Axles: Rear: Felt leverless 12 x 148 x 166L Syntace style, thread: M12 x 1.0
- Tires: Maxxis DHF, EXO/TR, tubeless ready, 27.5 x 2.6"
Other Compulsion Models:
- Compulsion 1 Frame Kit
- Compulsion 3
- Compulsion 10
- FrameSet: Compulsion 10
- Compulsion 30
- Compulsion 50