Öhlins (Sweden) - Press Release: Öhlins TTX1Air. The single can compact air spring sibling to our TTX2Air rear shock.
A high performance, robust air-sprung shock; the TTX1Air offers the same performance as our TTX2Air but in a more compact single can package; for bikes with a more linear shock curve with less need for bigger air volume and a lower level of progressivity. The TTX1Air also features a new slimmer fit end-eye design to fit more frame designs. The TTX1Air’s compact design weighs 60-80 grams less than the TTX2Air. A specific wiper seal and air sleeve lubrication reduces friction and delivers consistent performance between service intervals, Öhlins have also increased the maximum air pressure to handle a wider range of riders and e-MTB requirements.
The TTX1Air combines the superior damping function of the TTX system together with a new air spring design; delivering both improved performance as well as strength. Öhlins brought the TTX concept into the MTB market and the technology set a new standard in damping function. TTX-technology adjusts the pressure area on the shims instead of increasing preload, allowing more damping adjustment for added control; without resulting in an unwanted harsh ride feel.
The TTX1Air improves on an already proven package in terms of damping performance and making personalised tuning simple. The metric system design has also allowed an increased bushing overlap, delivering a robust design with improved side load management. A versatile and ideal choice from more linear trail bikes through to eMTB applications, especially for riders who are looking for a lighter or slimmer shock and also seek the possibility to tune it to their bike and riding style.
Do you want to know what suspension that fits your bike? Use Öhlins Performance Suspension Guide, it will also recommend a personal set up.
To keep a high level of suspension performance it is important to follow the service intervals. The 100-hour air spring service can be performed by following our workshop manual and instruction video. You can also have it serviced at an authorized Öhlins Service center.
- TTX highly adjustable compression valve technology
- Single can design optimized for linear linkage designs and tighter fitment space
- Compact end eye design allows fitment to a broader range of frame designs
- Adjustable HSC (High-Speed Compression), LSC (Low-Speed Compression) and Rebound damping
- Climb mode
- Race proven setting bank, to suit any type of riding or linkage design
- Air spring volume spacers included as standard in the shock kit
- Available in standard Metric lengths
- Maximum air pressure up to 300 PSI
- Delivered with the longest stroke and parts to change stroke in the box
- 390 grams (190x45mm)