The Arktos is a one-of-a-kind, do-it-all 6-inch travel full-suspension bike designed to climb and descend with the same aplomb. The Arktos features a patented dual-linkage platform called the Sine Suspension, which was designed by suspension designer David Earle.
The Sine name is derived from the way the shock rate, when graphed, resembles a sine wave. With Sine, there is regression through the first part of the travel to absorb small bumps and provide climbing traction, progression in the middle of the stroke to avoid wallowing on big hits or in hard, fast corners, and then slight regression again at end stroke to enable full use of rear wheel travel. Sine is also designed to minimize chainstay growth to improve pedaling efficiency and keep the suspension active under braking.
Suspension travel of the rear wheel can be divided into three areas; each area has a specific function. First is negative travel through sag point, second is mid range, third is deep travel to bottom out. The ideal suspension system will be designed to optimize each of these areas for the best suspension performance. Negative travel is responsible for small bump feel and should be plush, mid range should be firm and lively, end of travel should avoid ramping and feel bottomless, without bottoming out... this is exactly what Sine Suspension does.
- Wheel size: 29”
- Max tire clearance: 2.5"
- Super Boost+ 157mm rear spacing
- Travel: 140mm / 5.5" rear, 160mm / 6.2” front
- Shock: Fox Float DPX2
- Fork: 150-160mm compatibility, 180mm max
- Bottom bracket: 73 mm threaded, ISCG05 under BB mount
- Seat post: 31.6 mm with internal dropper routing
- Headset: IS42 upper – IS52 lower for tapered steerer
- Drivetrain: 1x only
- Shock Size: 215x63mm/8.5x2.5"
- Hardware: 8mmx22mm
- Chainring Clearance: 38t (need 3mm offset ring for SRAM Eagle)
- Bearings: Enduro BB 3930 LLU and BB MR 21531 LLU MAX
- Brake Mount: Post mount 74mm for 160mm rotor standard
Arktos X01 Eagle Specifications:
- Handlebar: Race Face Turbine R
- Stem: Race Face Turbine R
- Seatpost: Crank Brothers Highline
- Shifters: Sram X01 Eagle
- Rear Derailleur: Sram X01 Eagle
- Crankset: Sram X01 Eagle 30t
- Cassette: Sram CS XG 1275 Eagle 10-50t
- Chain: Sram X01 Eagle
- Wheels: DT Swiss 1700 29" SuperBoost+
- Brakes: Shimano XT
- Rotors: Shimano SM-RT86 180mm
- Saddle: Fizik Monte
- Grips: Ergon
- Tires: Maxxis Minion DHF / Aggressor 2.3 x 29"
- GX Eagle
Sine Suspension with David Earle: