Taking our love of riding drop bar bikes off-road to its logical conclusion, we present you with the Gorilla Monsoon. A sweet beast whose only limits are your imagination and will power.
We’ve taken the capabilities of our famed cross bikes and built a Monster. Our most densely featured bike ever, fully hitting everything on our checklist for a steed that can take us far into the unknown in comfort, style and elegance.
Want to do mixed pavement and single track rides? Put in long days off-road? Do some fire road touring? Camping? Ride across the continent? No problem.
Peep the features: Front and rear thru-axles, front and rear rack and fender mounts, compatibility with Surly-8 and 24-Pack racks, stealth dropper post routing, 27.5 x 2.4” tire clearance (650b x 48 with fenders), signature All-City dropouts, E.D. coating for rust prevention, and three water bottle mounts.
The Gorilla is made from our excellent 612 Select tubing and features a lovely bi-plane crown steel fork. We believe that nothing soaks up bumps or is as durable as a high quality steel fork, for on and off-road touring duties, it is the jam.
Some of you will want to throw 650b x 47c’s in it, that’s cool. The resulting slightly lower BB gives the bike excellent manners when riding with a load and is fully endorsed by us. If you want to run a 700c tire the max is a 42mm tire which will raise your BB by 8mm. 700c x 38 keeps the BB about the same.
As for building it up, there are three cable mounts on the downtube, giving you the option of adding a front derailleur or a dropper post. Here’s the max ring sizes for each setup: 1X = 38T, 2X = 28/42, 3X = 26/36/48.
612 Select Tubing:
Our proprietary blend of 4130 double-butted CroMoly tubes. Every piece of tubing on every frame size has been carefully chosen to provide the best ride possible.
In Electrophoretic Deposition, or E.D., coating the frame or fork is placed in a paint bath where an electric charge is applied. This fuses a thin layer of black satin coating to the tubes inside and out. This coating acts as both a rust preventative inside and a primer out.
We’re way into the handbuilt touches when it comes to our frames. Which is why you’ll find things like internal cable routing, custom dropouts, lugged crown forks, reinforcements on the bottle bosses, hidden fender mounts, etc on our framesets.
Investment cast, stainless steel vertical disc dropout with a lugged chevron lower portion and “All-City” on the pads.
- Frame: 612 Select CroMoly steel. Double butted down, top, and seat tubes. Externally tapered, ovalized, and dimpled chain stays, tapered seat stays, replaceable derailleur hanger
- Fork: 4130 CroMoly tapered fork blades, Mountain lugged crown and 15mm thru-axle dropouts, straight steertube, IS Disc Brake Tabs
- Rear Spacing: 142 x 12
- Brake: Compatibility Disc Only, 160mm Front & Rear Minimum Rotor Size
- Seatpost Diameter: 30.9mm
- Steerer Tube / Headset: 1-1/8" threadless, EC34 upper & lower, Crown race 30.0
- Bottom Bracket: 73mm English
- Tire Clearance: 27.5 x 2.4"
- Extras: Rack & fender mounts, E.D. coated for durability and rust prevention
- Headset: Cane Creek 40 Series
- Stem: Promax 3D Forged Stem
- Handlebar: Salsa Cowchipper
- Bar Tape: All-City Silicone Bar Tape w/Locking End Plugs
- Shifter/Brake Lever: SRAM Apex1 Mechanical (1x11)
- Rear Derailleur: Sram Apex1, Long Cage
- Brakeset: Hayes CX Expert, 160mm Front & Rear
- Crankset: FSA Comet 1x, Direct Moun 36t Ring
- Bottom Bracket: MegaExo
- Seatpost: Promax 30.9mm
- Saddle: All-City Gonzo
- Cassette: Sunrace 11spd, 11-42t
- Chain: Sram PC1110
- Hubs: Novatec Sealed Bearing, 32h, Black
- Rims: WTB STP i25 TCS, 27.5", 32h
- Tires: WTB Ridler TCS 27.5" x 2.4"