Ribble (United Kingdom) - Press Release: The Ribble Endurance SLe - Make it possible.
The world's lightest e-Road bike range:
Previously unimaginable mountain passes, not keeping up on hilly group rides and the rides that take you way outside your comfort zone are now in the past with the new Ribble Endurance SLe. Super stealth smooth and controlled power assistance with 3 power settings all in a superlight high-end carbon road platform. With builds ranging from 11kg the Ribble Endurance SLe is the World’s lightest e-road bike range.
- Electric: 3 power settings up to 40NM with easy to use integrated button, no handlebar accessories required
- Battery: 250w internal battery capacity with the option to increase to 750w
- Internal cabling: Full internal cabling routing between switch, battery and motor
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth connectivity with system specific APP for system, ride, GPS, performance functionality and information
- Charged: External charge, diagnosis and additional battery point
- Lightweight: Lightweight and compact rear hub motor enables all standard chainset options
- Fast charge: 3.5 hour full charge time
- Efficient: Zero drag motor for maximum efficiency when riding without power assist
Ride it all with style:
Road riding has been defined by physical challenge, glory, passion, style and panache through a long history of the greatest athletes to have ever graced our planet, sacrificing everything and giving their all to conquer the terrain ahead of them for victory. This has forged what the modern-day road bike not only looks like but crucially feels like, being at one with the bike, the exhilaration and satisfaction gained from emulating heroes past and present as you ride to your personal victory.
This was paramount in our minds as we embarked on our e-road bike project. Our brief was to develop a product that would enhance the experience and essence of road riding by providing smooth and controlled power assistance when the rider needs it, whilst crucially ensuring that when power assistance is not required the product looks and feels like a normal high-end road bike.
The Ribble Endurance SLe has exceeded this brief and set a new benchmark for e-road bike design. Weighing as little as 11kg the SLe has positioned itself as the lightest e-road bike range in the World, offering the rider up to 40NM of smooth and controlled power assistance on climbs and up to 26km/h through 3 power settings combined with a 250w internal battery capacity (or up to 750w with the additional external battery packs) all of this is built into a superlight chassis that has all the attributes of a cutting edge high-end road bike.
With the SLe we have created a stealth e-bike that rides, looks and feels like a high end road bike with the performance enhancing advantage of smooth and controlled power assistance at a market leading weight.
Who is the Endurance SLe for?
The Fitness rider looking to ride further with significantly less fatigue, make light work of hills, go from not keeping up with the group to leading the group over the summit and experience longer rides over more challenging terrain that wouldn’t previously have been possible.
The Leisure rider looking to enjoy the road cycling experience whilst staying within their physical comfort zone.
The competitive KOM Chaser, just set the power setting to Red and you have 40NM of additional power boosting you up to an Elite level climber. With the SLe’s stealth looks it’s up to you whether you confess your performance enhancing secret!
Whatever your level of riding the SLe will give you a significant performance boost to get you over previously unimaginable mountain passes, keep up on hilly group rides and smash the ride that took you way outside your comfort zone.
Make it Possible with the SLe!
Based on the new superlight Ribble Endurance SL frame platform the SLe has been designed around a carefully considered geometry resulting in a frameset that offers stability, comfort and great handling with enough adjustability to suit both endurance riders and those looking for a more performance optimised riding position.
The SLe frameset is manufactured from a carefully selected blend of Toray’s T1000 and T800 carbon layered to an exacting specification using an advanced monocoque mould technology incorporating an EPS inner core system which ensures complete consistency of the structural integrity of the fibres and resin throughout the frame. This system also eliminates excess material on the inside of the frame.
The profiles and shapes designed into the frame are all there for a specific performance reason, from the box section down tube and chain-stays enhancing torsional stiffness to the seat post and seat stays designed for vertical compliance and vibration absorption, this frame is the epitome of design and attention to detail.
With a multitude of component, wheel and finishing kit specification options the SLe can be built into your dream bike tailored to your style and level of riding.
Frameset Key Tech Features:
- Optional carbon integrated cockpit with full internal cable routing
- Tyre size compatibility – Up to 30c
- Bolt through front axle for improved stiffness
- Disc brake compatible – Powerful, controlled braking in all conditions
- Internal cable routing and Di2 compatibility
- Mudguard fitments and clearance – For all weather riding
- Seat stay profiles designed for vertical compliance and vibration absorption enhancing comfort
- Oversize box section down tube and chainstays for torsional stiffness and power transfer
The Ribble Endurance SLe Sram eTap Disc Specifications:
- SRAM eTap HRD
- Shifters/Brakes - SRAM eTap HRD
- Chainset - SRAM eTap RED
- Cassette - SRAM eTap RED 11-32
- Rear Derailleur - SRAM eTap
- Front Derailleur - SRAM eTap
- Trimax e
- Vittoria Corsa G 25mm or Challenge Paris Roubaix 27
- Bars - Carbon integrated
- Saddle - Prologo Kappa RS