FlareMAX is a proper sweet-spot chassis; the perfect trail bike. It's the only bike you'll need for ripping through the woods and conquering mountains. Light and responsive, yet fiercely capable.
As with all Cotic bikes, the frames' steel construction is compliant and naturally ground moulding, extracting grip and feedback from the trail where you thought there was none.
The combination of big wheels and mid travel is an irresistible recipe for fun; whether it's an all day epic or an evening blast, 29er or 650b+, FlareMAX is more versatile than you'll believe.
Cotic Droplink suspension is supportive and progressive, amplifying that 120mm travel to feel like more. You can open the taps on the way down and the FlareMAX will take everything in it's stride, then push the dropper lever and skip up the hills to the next trail with snappy acceleration and bags of traction.
Progressive new Longshot geometry keeps the bike stable through the rough stuff and planted in the corners. Couple a super short stem to the optimised head angle and the bike really eggs you on, looking for every stump to jump off, rock to gap and berm to rail, keeping you connected to the trail while maintaining poise and composure.
Reynolds 853 builds a light, lively and fantastically robust front end, and includes our custom ride tuned Ovalform top tube which helps to deliver that famous ride feel.
The FlareMAX can run two different types of wheel: Swap in 27.5 x 2.8" or 3.0” 650b+ wheels for monster truck traction and ironing out braking bumps, or go with up to a 2.5” 29er tyre to slice through the mud and give effortless speed and support. Futureproof Boost148 rear ends completes the picture.
Complete bike options:
Complete bikes start with our no nonsense Silver build, moves up to our high performance Gold level, and finally to the dream bike Platinum spec for all the toys. There are multiple GO CUSTOM upgrade options for each bike, including WTB Carbon wheels, Hope brakes, Joystick or Hope finshing kit, so you can make your FlareMAX your own.
FlareMAX is also available frame only with Cotic tuned X-Fusion O2 RCX or Cane Creek DB Air IL shock options. Prices start at £1499
Build Specification - Platinum 29:
- Shimano XTR M9000 Mechanical 1x11 Drivetrain
- Hope 11-48 11spd super light cassette
- Race Face Next SL Cinch 175mm Carbon Cranks, Direct Mount 30t Chainring
- Hope Tech X2 Brakes (colour of your choice), 180/180 Floating Hope rotors
- RockShox Pike RCT3 2018 130mm, Boost110x15mm axle, taper steerer
- Cane Creek DB Air IL
- Hope Hoops Tech XC wheels
- WTB Vigilante 29x2.3 TCS Light Fast Rolling, Trail Boss 29x2.25" Light Fast Rolling. Set up tubeless
- Finishing kit, including:
- Joystick Analogue Carbon - 800 x 20 rise, 223gms
- Joystick Binary 35mm x 10 deg
- Race Face Turbine dropper seatpost, 125mm drop small and medium, 150mm drop large and XL
- Cotic Cromo Rail Saddle
- Hope Headset
- Pedals not included
- 0% Finance Now Available. Use the order page to calculate your payments
- Price - £4599 including UK mainland delivery